Confused Rooster needs more hens

fourfeathers

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Western Kentucky
Alrighty then! Here is a new one for me! Never had this happen....my large Barred Rock Roo has decided that I am his hen. He really tried to like my leg tonight. I was shocked at his behavior and told him NO of course. Has anyone ever had this happen? I am working on getting him more hens as soon as a couple pullets get big enough. A little odd don't you think?

We have a wonderful member here who has a roo that mates with a large pop bottle.

MALE Hormones. Go fig.

Quote:
xD rofl
lau.gif

He follows me around all the time. More so than the chicken hens. If I sit in my chair he will stand by my chair to be petted. I noticed the "creepy behavior" when I was squatting on the ground working on attaching some netting together. Oops. I have been telling him NO and pushing him away or trying to redirect. It could be a dominance issue and I need to reinforce to him that I am the boss. He doesn't flog, but does do the sideways scoot with the wing down to 'herd' me. I just step away or pick him up and carry him. Read that on Brown Egg Blue Egg I think about establishing dominance over the roo. He now has a pop bottle in his pen and we are waiting for some pullets to grow big enough for him. All of my other hens are too small, bantams, or special needs.

Back
Top Bottom