1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Confused rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by northeastDad, Mar 4, 2017.

1. northeastDad

northeastDad Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2017
    New York
    I'm curious is anyone else has seen this or knows why . I have a 8 y/o rooster that crows around 1:30 am every morning like clock work . He just started doing it the last few months . Then he still crows like normal with the others around 4 am . I've checked on him at night when he crows and nothing is bothering him .he has his girls roosting with him like normal

2. biophiliac

biophiliac Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 22, 2016
    DeForest, WI
    WOW, you have an 8 yr old rooster! Thats impressive! [​IMG] Sorry no idea on the middle of the night crowing...

3. northeastDad

Mar 3, 2017
    New York
    He is a oriental game rooster . Very smart bird other then the crowing at night lol [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Could there be any new lights in the area that are too bright and making him think it's morning?

5. northeastDad

Mar 3, 2017
    New York
    No new lights that I've noticed . Where I keep my chickens is all surrounded by woods

6. chameleon

chameleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Strange. I have a rooster that gets confused when it's full moon and will crow in the middle of the night, but that's not every night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by