confused rooster

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Chick_in_Indiana, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    a few weeks ago i posted a question because my turken wants to be a duck. now i have a rooster who preferes guineas. i have 3 roos for my 8 hens. yeah i know way too many. i'm trying to fix that. but lately the roo lowest on the pole is finding the guineas appealing. even my males. what makes it even worse is the guineas are allowing this. [​IMG] what is going on?

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I believe I read somewhere that chickens and guinea can and will intermate.... you might want to do a search and find out--not just take my word for it.........

3. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    yep the make the most ugliest hybrids. ever.

4. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG ... they are *beyond* ugly. Check out this link:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Guineas/BRKGuinHybrid.html

The naked neck / guinea cross looks like a bloody vulture.

My lowest rooster, my EE, has been after the new guinea hen who adopted us. She isn't real happy about it, but he seems to like her. [​IMG]

Em

5. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    [​IMG] please dont let that happen! those were the scariest lokin things i have ever seen.
    Krista

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I know this will sound bad but... I want a turken guinea cross lol. I am not into ugly things but come on. Pugs look like they where hit in the face with a shovel lol

7. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I don't have guineas but I bought some for my grandmother and they are confused too. It just happens I guess, lol.

8. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Besides, you'd be the only person at the fair walking around with what seems to be a mini vulture in your arms.....

With that being said, I want one!!!!!! Yes they are ugly, past ugly even, but they look weird, and well, weird things typically end up at my house (aka, the zoo).

Emily

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:Yay! I am not the only one who wants one. Imagine the looks on the people and especially the chickens lol

10. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    OK. That is just repulsive....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by