Confused!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by petesgirl, Oct 24, 2010.

1. petesgirl

petesgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    Seattle
    First picture: boy, second picture: same boy, third picture the one on the left is a girl and the one on the right is the same boy as in first pictures. Looks like a roo, right?
    Well I am not so sure! The one I think is a boy is the only one that flies over the fence. We found a nest of white eggs on that side of the fence!!! Could that one be a girl too? The girly looking one never ventures far from the coop and I have never seen her near the fence, let alone over the fence! I usually have to help the boy looking one back onto the right side of the fence. Could he really be a she? Neither of them have tail feathers anymore-the other girls have pecked them out! Also, all my other hens lay brown eggs, so no chance the white eggs belong to any of them.

Could he be a she, or is the other one very sneaky and flies over the fence without me knowing it?! They both now have about the same size of waddles, very small, but bigger than in these older pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    I dont know, but Ilike them.

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    They both almost look like girls to me... Are you sure ones a rooster?

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The one on the left is a boy. The one on the right is your girl. But honestly, if you're getting eggs now - NONE are boys.

Almost never look at comb and waddles for Polish, especially WCB's - Look at the crest feathers.

5. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Both girls

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by