Confused?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Luvanimals101, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Luvanimals101

Luvanimals101 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2013
    Hey, we are trying to incubate eggs without an incubator or hen and were told that it would not work. Now, here we are on the 21st day and have heard little squeaks plus one of the two eggs is making little ripping noises if you put it up to your ear. Are they alive? We aren't entirely sure if we just imagined the squeaks or if they are real so put aside that fact and focus on the ripping noises which we are absolutely sure are happening.
    Thanks!

2. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Sounds like they could be. Hatching without an incubator is doable, just difficult. Try to make sure wherever you have them is humid to make hatching easier for them. Hope they hatch okay! [​IMG]

3. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    The only way to know is to give it a few more days. Either they'll hatch or they won't.

4. kschnetz

kschnetz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    California
    Just be patient an you will see soon enough! I've never heard an egg without a chick in it make a peep =) Just curious, how did you incubate the eggs?

5. Luvanimals101

Luvanimals101 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2013
    We are incubating them by having a lamp over them and then they have warm scarves wrapped around them a couple times and then there are wet sponges on either side for the humidity. We turn them about 3 times a day until the 18th day.

6. kschnetz

kschnetz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    California
    Nice! I am impressed [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by