I want to add that I live in SOUTHWEST FLORDA where we have had record heat temps last week but have been in the late 80's with 50% hunidity for the last few days. Okay so we are new to this. We purchased a rooster and hen buff oprington (BO) about 3 weeks ago. She has decided to start laying eggs!!! Yippie! We really got them for the eggs not for chicks but decided we would try and experience a hatching and see if this is something we may also be interested in. Currently, we have a temp coop which in the next week or so, we should have the new and permanent coop completed. It has been 10 days since she layed her first egg, we have 9 eggs and she has not laid eggs in two days. She laid 2 eggs on day 8. So, she runs around the yard all day long and I have caught her laying on her nest in the mornings but not at all since or durring the day. She is turning her eggs it seems sicne all mt x's are now on the bottom of the eggs. I was worried she wasnt going to lay on them but now I am reading that she will gather her clutch for about 10 days and then start sitting or incubating them? I think we are okay then? My main question is this. If i allow her to hatch her eggs, do I take the babies from her and set them up in the chick house (kiddie pool with proper accomodations) or do I allow her to raise them out? There coop isnt really chick worthy. its just enough for the two. If I should take the babies after birth, how long shoudl I wait to take them, I read in teh incubator you should wait 4 hours? same with the coop? if I do leave them with her, do u think It woudl upset her or the eggs if I moved them to the new coop before they hatch? Thank you in advance!