1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

confuzzlement

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daddy_roo, Oct 20, 2011.

1. daddy_roo

daddy_roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Kentucky
    I am hatching eggs athat are on day 21 today and can hear some of them peeping in the shell. There is no pips zips, or anything of the nature. Is this normal, wired or what?

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    That's the way it starts.....peeping in the shell....you should see something happening soon....(A watched pot never boils, so keep youself busy!) LOL

3. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:Yes, slight differences in incubator temps can speed up or slow down hatching. It is not uncommon for chicks to be a little early or late. If they're peeping (which means they've broken into the air sacs), they'll be pipping soon most likely.

4. daddy_roo

daddy_roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Kentucky
    i had to stop my MIL when she showed me. She picked up an egg and shook it and it started chirping, and said " SEE SEE!!"

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    oh you could put a sign up that says do not open lid my parents had to do that for my lil sisters and i'm going to have to do it with my kids. oh i will also be putting do not pick up and shake the eggs as the kids have done that with some eggs that i was going to hatch.

baby chicks are soon to come

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Quote:X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by