Congratulations Floridans!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by woodmort, Jan 12, 2011.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    You have the only state of the 50 where there is no snow. [​IMG] Going to be very crowded when all the people that can't stand it more there.

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    YOu know - with some large group effort we could change that.

Everyone gather up a box of snow and send it to FLorida!

3. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Quote:Oh, Sorry! The gates were left closed overnight and no one can find the key. We think an alligator must have eaten it and slithered back in to the swamp. Check with us again about July or August.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

4. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    Quote:Oh, Sorry! The gates were left closed overnight and no one can find the key. We think an alligator must have eaten it and slithered back in to the swamp. Check with us again about July or August.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i am going to make a GIANT snow ball and throw it down to florida.
    [​IMG]

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I guess the snow on top of the volcanoes in Hawaii counts? [​IMG]

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gator was last seen...uh...well, it's kinda hard to tell with 'em all lookin' so much alike...
    Here in central Florida we get about 2 weeks worth of below 50 degree temps--just not all at once! A day here, a day there...today is supposed to be in the 50-something degree range, near freezing tonight & cold again tomorrow. This weekend? We'll be back in the 70's!
    Life is good here in the Sunshine State!

8. FireTigeris

Low tonight is supposed to be 24*F

My land will be warmer because of my proximity to the river.

9. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Quote:Same here, Fire Tigeris, but 24 is still DARN COLD when your body is acclimated to 80's and 90's! I cleaned my two coops yesterday and my fingers were so cold I couldn't feel what I was doing. I built the coops in the shade so they'd stay cooler in the summer. But wow, is it cold with the windchill right now! I was raised in Kentucky and I have had my share of snow, salted streets, frozen pipes, downed power lines and black ice. I admire those who can endure it, but I know I was not made for cold climates.

10. FireTigeris

Quote:Same here, Fire Tigeris, but 24 is still DARN COLD when your body is acclimated to 80's and 90's! I cleaned my two coops yesterday and my fingers were so cold I couldn't feel what I was doing. I built the coops in the shade so they'd stay cooler in the summer. But wow, is it cold with the windchill right now! I was raised in Kentucky and I have had my share of snow, salted streets, frozen pipes, downed power lines and black ice. I admire those who can endure it, but I know I was not made for cold climates.

Shhhhhh don't tell but we live in the same city, that's why we'll have close to the same temp. [​IMG]

I'm the 7th generation from here so I only saw the 1989 snow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by