Congratulations USA!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Black Feather, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Congratulation on a fantastic election last night you guys!! [​IMG] I was really impressed by your voter turnout. No matter who you supported I think it was great to see the democratic process in action for the people, by the people [​IMG]

I only wish Canadian were so engaged in our own election....but then again, we didn't have such interesting candidates either.

Cheers,
    Urban Coyote

2. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Thank you!

I can only see a better future.

3. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks!

Even though I can't vote, alot of people who could at my High School did. [​IMG]

People had to wait 1 1/2 hours to vote here in Beaufort the lines were so long!

-Austin

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    same here, I couldnt get out which upset me. My son and I are sick. The paper here reported 57% turn out in my county and some lines nearly 2 hours.

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

There was no line when I went at 2:00, which is exactly what I was wanting since I had to take my little one. My DH said their was a crazy line on his way home from work, so he went back at 5 minutes til 8:00.

6. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    Well, I didn't have the problem of having to stand in lineups, but I did stay up WAAAAYYY past my bedtime to watch the results of the election. I think it's pretty fantastic to have been able to watch this historic event live as it was happening. I have a feeling this one will go down in history in a pretty big way.

I can tell you there is a lot of positive excitement up North here in Canada over the results. I almost feel like a big dark curtain has been raised and a breath of fresh air is passing through after a loooong time without.

I know the results are not what everyone would have liked, but I have a good feeling about Obama and what he will do for the US...after all, you guys are our cousins and neighbours [​IMG]

Urban Coyote

7. I will not comment on the election. I would beg the administors to watch this thread carefully. Not everyone voted for Obama.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:I think the OPs post was saying how wonderful so many got out and voted in record numbers. I agree with that.

9. Black Feather

Apr 20, 2007
    I agree rimshoes. That fact is acknowledged and respected.

I do think we deserve the right to express our opinions though as we both come from free countries where freedom of speech is one of our rights. I also think that we should be able to express those opinions as long as we do it in a respectful and mature manner. I hate to see threads locked down simply because we're discussing a topic.

I also have to say that I greatly respect McCain for his guts and perseverance with everything he's been through in his life.

I just think it's great to see so many people engaged in the process as voter apathy has been a big problem in Canada in the last few elections. I think you guys had two very strong candidates and it's good that you got out to vote for them, no matter who got your ballot.

Urban Coyote

10. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Scenic Verbank, NY
    Thank you Urban Coyote. I've woken to many emails of congratulations from all over the world.

The turn out was stupendous and there are very few accounts of machines not working correctly. Democracy in action!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by