Conjoined robins

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Heathero617, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
  2. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    I'd think it'd have to be...I dunno. That's really cool though. Thanks for sharing. I hope that lady is able to find a vet that would be willing to take on that challenge.

3. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    That is really neat and they would make awesome pets after being cut apart. Not to be returned top the wild though. That is just silly of that woman. They may have weak genes and that would allow them to breed and pass those genes on when they would have died as fledglings, as nature intended.

4. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I thought it was pretty cool too. I wouldnt think they'd be able to fly after being seperated from damage to their wings. As far as being weak genetics, I dont think it has anything to do with it. After doing some reading, it appears to be just a freak of nature caused by a double yolk!!! So those of you who have double yolkers, try and hatch them, see if you get a set of twins, although hopefully not conjoined!

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I can't watch the video, but our local paper reported that the birds were born from separate eggs, but that a string ended up getting caught on them after they hatched, and their skin and feathers grew around it. It also said that while the healthier and larger chick is expected to be able to live a life in the wild, the smaller chick with a wing amputation (or partial amputation, can't remember which) would become a mascot for and be cared for by a rehab center if it survives.

6. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    Ew, freaky Punk!

I till believe double yokers can be a genetic trait.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Truly amazing. Hope they do well,

Imp

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I hope they both make it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by