1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Connecticut Chicken Stock

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by MooseHillFarm, Jan 29, 2008.

1. MooseHillFarm

MooseHillFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Connecticut
    Nutmeggers,
    I've got the place if you've got the time. Parking for 10 plus. Would love to host a Chickenstock in June. Location; Oxford CT. Think on it and get back to me.
    My husband does his Mazda meets here, so I know we can accomdate chicken freaks. Let's gather! Someone make T-shirts please! Think June, especially solstice.

Becky

2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:We'll be there unless it's the weekend of the 27th of June. Then we'll be in Ohio with the hovercraft.

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Beacon Falls here. Count us in and keep us posted. Great timing. We need
    a chickenstock. Great location too.

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Do your meets on the same weekend and send a roo home with everyone that drives a MAZDA!!!! [​IMG]

5. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Bump.

I know there are a bunch of people who have wanted a CT Chickenstock.
    We gotta keep this on top of the list.

I'll also add a link on the Connecticut Thread...

Don

6. frank125

frank125 New Egg

Jan 1, 2008
    I'm hoping by spring, to get my first chickens. This is new to me. What is a Chickenstock? Will be there if not working.

Frank

7. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    I'll be there if I don't have to work too. [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:It will be new to me too. I think it's basically a get together of chicken people. We can discuss details down the road. I'm really just bumping this again. [​IMG]

9. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    A Chickenstock is when a group of chicken lovers get together and hang out,
    swap chicken stories, swap chickens, have a picnic, sit in the mud, listen to a bunch
    of 60's bands,(oh wait, I drifted into Woodstock). You get the picture. [​IMG]

Do a search on the forums for "chickenstock". They have had them in a lot
    of areas.

10. MooseHillFarm

MooseHillFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Connecticut
    I'm happy to have such an enthusiastic response for Chickenstock CT 2008. I broke the news to my husband this morning, and he's totally on board with it. Let's work on nailing down a date in June. (First weekend we're out of town.)

I imagine we'll fire up the grills, potluck, talk chickens, play music (if you want to jam, bring an instrument) Hubby will no doubt haul out his guitar. Chicken swap would be excellent. We could set that up in a separate area. Best of all, we'd get to meet our local fellow chickenophiles. PurpleChicken you're right next door to me! I sometimes speak at the Beacon Falls library.

Looking forward to this.

Becky

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by