1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

(Connecticut) Roosters rescued from Amish Country, Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Molbaygun, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Molbaygun

Molbaygun Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    New Milford, CT
    We're looking for a good home for at least 2 of our big roosters. I would prefer someone that will not eat them because they are considered pets. These boys were rescued as chicks from the side of the road during our summer vacation. They have been hand raised and just need more room...before they start to kill each other. They are about 5 months old and do not have spurs yet. I don't know what they are but they are mixes for sure. Fluffernutter is gorgeous and has a white tail with a brownish/orange body. The others are brownish/red with black/green irredescent looking tails.

2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    If they've been together since they were young, they will probably not fight. good luck re-homing them but don't worry about them killing eachother

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I think those roosters are mine, and they were freeranging, not abbandoned. [​IMG]

4. Molbaygun

Molbaygun Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    New Milford, CT
    Free ranging is not something that chicks should be doing in the middle of the road out in nowhere. That's what you call roadkill!! These were clearly rescued from a scene that looked like the movie Deliverence...was that you too? [​IMG][​IMG] Did you want to give them a home now that they're out of their chick stage?

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Actually, Deliverance was filmed in one of the most beautiful parts of WV...where Im from [​IMG] I don't think that would be such a terrible place to be a chicken.... maybe it would suck to be a pig [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  6. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    The horses hoofs should have scared them off the road, everything was good till the automobile moved into the area. [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:If the pig has to worry what makes you think a cute chicken would be safe?? Banjo music=[​IMG]

8. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Yeah right..... tell that to my boys...

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Hey I love the sceanery in that movie I love WV its such a beautiful and amazing state!

10. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Hey I love the sceanery in that movie I love WV its such a beautiful and amazing state!

Its not about the scenery it was a love story.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by