Considering some Whiting Tru Blues

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChickNanny13, May 22, 2019.

1. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    I'm considering ordering some WTB from McMurray. Yes, the blue colored eggs are inviting yet the main draw is the bird themselves are varied in colors. I don't live in an agricultural zoned home but have tolerant neighbors ;) My Chicken House is 8 x 12 x 7; I've housed is 5 Wyandottes, while 4BOs is comfortable. It's my way of controlling Chicken Math.

Would appreciate anyone that has or had WTB to give me your opinion of the personalities and characteristics. Are they flighty? Free ranged or confined? Friendly or standoffish? Broody?

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    We started three this year.....definitely varied appearance
    20190420_165201.jpg 20190420_165651.jpg
    20190521_225741.jpg
    (Ignore green mark....was used to mark a whiting true green for previous use....purple arrow shows a wtb behind her)
    The blue is at my sister's now, part of a "farm flock" and not meant to be friendly as they aren't kept as pets . Middle bird is staying here and is second most friendly of that age group (second to my Delaware). Bottom will be going to my daughter's flock....that one is a bit, um, nutty.
    Only 14 weeks now so a lot remains to be seen

ChickNanny13 likes this.
  3. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    @Ol Grey Mare :hugs Thank you for sharing your WTB flock, love the varied colors. :fl Hoping to get more feed back to make a decision. They are "pricey" and shipping to here is "iffy" hence my research prior. A friend ordered (McMurray) 15 chicks, only 5 survived the trip ... Hatchery will be replacing but the thought that so many didn't survive shipping. Think she's going for refund if this time around she looses, not wanting to put chicks through the shipping stress again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: