Consistent blood streaks in hens eggs

Jjdesmo11

Songster
6 Years
Jun 1, 2017
Tennessee
My 4 yr old americauna is laying eggs with blood streaks in it. She is laying consistently but I’ve noticed her sitting more. I have no rooster at this time and haven’t in months. I’ll post pics. Otherwise she’s been fine and I do deworm every few months. Also I’m noticing more calcium deposits on her eggs.
AE6EB516-48D7-42BA-BB55-36F358DA2258.jpeg
A3056A90-553A-47B3-A3F5-6EE554785A9F.jpeg

Thank you. Great articles. I guess I didn’t realize it would be a consistent thing. I stopped selling her eggs due to this. Maybe it will resolve itself. Since I have you here @dawg53 can you tell me what you feed your flock and suggestions for mine.

I recently switched my 8 week old chicks in a brooder to purina medicated feeder grower. I’ve never used medicated, would just treat for coccidiosis as needed. But I’ve had some out of no where losses of chicks under a year old this past year. I also have been feeding 3 (2hens,1cockerel) in my tractor that are 3-4 months medicated as well as my 2 bantam hens 8 months and 5 months. I heard recently it can cause vitamin deficiencies and shouldn’t be given for long. I also have 7 laying hens and since no rooster with them they get plain old laying pellets. Anything you could suggest across the board for all of them? Maybe non medicated grower, finisher? Before my previous rooster died I was feeding mine all flock. I can post in another forum to help others. But I figured I’d tag you because you seem to answer lots of my questions. Which is so greatful for!

Back
Top Bottom