constant grooming and crying

Oct 8, 2021
one of my fave day-old chicks is constantly grooming under its wing and chirping really loud. most of my chicks only chirp that loud when they're alone for too long but this one is with its friends. is any of this normal

Did you hatch the chick, or purchase it? Have you checked it for mites? What's the temperature in the brooder? Does the chick have access to age appropriate food and water?
Lots of questions. :)

Did you hatch the chick, or purchase it? Have you checked it for mites? What's the temperature in the brooder? Does the chick have access to age appropriate food and water?
Lots of questions. :)
we ordered it from bucklys who gets there chickes form cakle hatchery and we got them when they where 2 days old. I did check her for nights but there was nothing. I don't actually know the temperature of the heat plate but I have 6 other checks but none are acting the same way and all seem warm. the chicks has a crumble that the people at bucklys gave us at first is a kind of chick crumble. the water has chick electrolights

Nothing stuck under the wing?
One of my chicks had a fit because a shaving from the bedding was stuck in her feathers, which is why I ask.

Back
Top Bottom