constant head shaking baby chick

restinpeacenyla

Chirping
Jun 25, 2020
My 3/4 week old white sussex chick has been shaking her head ALOT. she doesnt seem it do it at all when she is awake and eating and drinking, however, when relaxed and trying to sleep, she shakes her head NONSTOP. i wonder what the cause is... her droppings are normal and her behaviour is fine. she has sneezed a little more regularly than normal, but not much, maybe 5 sneezes? i have put some apple cider vinegar in her water (and all the chicks water). is it okay for me to start putting de in her food, in case she has worms? help! i dont know what to do

At that age the feathers are really coming in on their heads which can irritate them. Head shaking can also be related to noises in the environment.

big sigh of relief! she has been chirping ALOT is that something she is trying to tell us? she has always been a loud one little chick though (very needy). today when i was getting ready for bed, she started to yelp very loudly and non stop.

big sigh of relief! she has been chirping ALOT is that something she is trying to tell us? she has always been a loud one little chick though (very needy). today when i was getting ready for bed, she started to yelp very loudly and non stop.

They can start to be noisy when the lights go out and they have to settle down for the night. Hopefully that's all that's the matter. If she seems fine and happy in every other way I wouldn't worry. It's just her little personality becoming stronger as she grows up.

I don’t know if this is helpful but I had a chick that would shake its head all the time and I was so worried. It turns it she was responding to noises she was hearing and just super sensitive to my voice. I realized she shook her head every time I talked in a certain tone!

Back
Top Bottom