Constant molt - brittle, deformed feathers!

She does not have mites.
Welcome to BYC! :frow

Her angry skin might not agree (or bare minimum IS an indicator of something more). Please describe what treatment or confirmation has been done. No rudeness here, just helping look for answers!

Looks like that's her abdomen in the last pic of the first post? Does she roost at night still or sleeping in a box? Does it feel like a normal amount of fat there between the legs? Not squishy like a waterbelly might be?

Her broken feathers may not be replaced until she molts again.. EVEN if/when the root problem is fixed.. The skin should turn back to light pink though.

I agree protein content of diet should be improved and not diminished by excess treats. 18-20% is a good choice for dual purpose birds. Using an "all flock", "flock raiser", "grower", or "starter" with a free choice calcium source for active layers is truly the best choice for a mixed age and gender flock IF possible.

Noting a couple of supplements that can be good to boost a birds immune system.. for shipped chicks or those with crop or other binding or digestive type issues.. poultry nutri drench is a fantastic pick me up. Rooster Booster brand Poultry Cell (mixed in a little wet feed, it separates in water) or Poultry Booster are also good product for use during time of stress like molting. No supplement should be given more than 10 days in a row.

I love the sweater you made for her. Super custom! :love

Back
Top Bottom