constant poop butt

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by blue fire, Apr 17, 2008.

1. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    my barred rock has been having constant poopy butt . i wash it off and a few days later it is poopy again. Any ideas? I love the bonding time we share when I have to wash her butt [​IMG] but I am kind of tired of doing it.

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I have one of those to and wish I knew the answer to this dilema. Maybe someone will come along and answer it for us:rolleyes: Mine is a silke and I have cleaned her bottom and clipped all the feathers away and put olive oil on it but she still seems to be messy. It doesn't clog her but runs down and mats up. It's like she's got a big butt, lol

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Are you feeding sugar water still? Is the temp in the brooder to cold? Those are two things that can cause pasty butt.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  4. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have full grown chichens they eat normal chicken food.

5. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Hmmmm... If I find any information as to why this is happening, I will let you know!

6. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    THANX [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I think I might possibly have some info. on this matter for you! I am not a vet, but this sounds like the problem. I am sending you a link that the member CUDA sent to me for his website. They have info. on their about pasty butts in chicks and adult birds. I don't recommend to you what they recommend, however. [​IMG] Hope it helps!
    http://www.freewebs.com/cajunyankee/sick.htm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by