Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. i am just viewing this thread.

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

The WinterWolf

Crowing
Apr 12, 2021
Northern CA
i have raised chickens all of my life and i have dealt with this and that SO many times, and i probably know how to cure it.

now i have dealt with constipation only twice, i have ome up with a way to cure it.

Directions: take 1/4th of a cup of molasses and put it in a cup. 2: add another 1/4 cup of yogurt. if your poultry wont at least take a bite, dip apple slices into the mix and feed THAT to them.

Will this work for chicks? I had a chick die recently because I couldn’t figure out how to get it unblocked. I know more now but wish I could have done more.
I wouldn’t. Just use a toothbrush or paper towel to run off the poop, make sure to run water over it to soften it first. Ims sorry for your loss.

Internal constipation is the issue we had. Not pasty butt. The chick would strain and strain to poo. To the point that her vent would swell up. I could see the poo trying to come out but it wouldn’t pass. I tried the coconut oil but it wasn’t working.

Is there a way to get the blockage out safely? Or will it break down with this “medicine”? With my chick it was right at the vent and I couldn’t figure out a safe way to get it out. Stimulating her vent made her strain to poo but nothing would happen.

my little Americana had internal constipation and it didn't get caught in her internal "clump" so if your asking if it will get caught with the poo I don't think so

I’m not sure what you mean... I think I do but not sure. I mean if the poo is just stuck at the vent will this “medicine” help the chick pass it? Even if the clump that is stuck is too big for the chicks vent.

Back
Top Bottom