I finally got started on the coop yesterday. I feel like i made pretty good progress. I've worked in construction for 20 + years. I've always wanted to try some of the older building techniques and the coop seemed like a good place to try them. .. this will be my mostise on the uprighhts for the door area. cut half way through & remove the peice. same thing other side. same thing other side. remove the small hump with a chisel. this is the mortise for my counter balanced coop. make a lot of small cuts then pry out with pry bar. all cuts removed. this will make a very strong joint for my counter balanced coop upright for the counter balanced coop. mortised just like the bottom runner. upright installed other runner done the same way. My wife was kind enough to bring me some tea. Yes we still drink it from a mason jar. both uprights installed. i put an angle on the front so i can drag it if necessary. upright for door area attached. both door uprights installed and my coutner balanced floor joist installed with braces underneath to support some of the weight. stopping point for the day. the actual coop size is 48 x 67'' the run will be 67'' x 120''. more to come tomorrow. more work on the coop done today. With the help of my son, i put the floor joist in and decked the floor i mortised in the bottom center brace on the side wall.. the top of the wall. and the header over what will become the door. we temp'd up the ridge board. and i cut a pattern for the rafters. So far i have exactley 20.22 in the coop all the wood except the ridge pole and top plate on the walls was reclaimed from a pallet or picked up on a jobsite.More to come next weekend.