We spent about 4 weekends building our coop. It's a little less elaborate than many I've seen here, but should work for us. The chicks haven't moved in permanently yet, and I still need to add roosts and nesting boxes, but the basic structure is complete. Started by framing the two longer walls on a flat surface... The posts and baseboards are salvaged from our kids' old treehouse. The kids have moved out, the chickens are moving in! Stuck the posts down into holes dug at the coop location... Wifey standing in future doorway. Back side completed... Both long walls positioned, working on squaring up... Roost/Nest area being enclosed with plywood... Basic frame complete... Roof is just sitting up there for positioning. We had a thunderstorm roll through and blow them all off a few days later. Anti-raccoon/possum/armadillo/fox measures being installed. Sealing exterior... Hardware cloth buried, graded ground to slope away from coop in all directions. Added pine straw around the exterior, then let 2-week old chicks try it out. They ran around like lunatics for about 30 minutes. Will probably go get some sand at the local mine later this week to cover the ground inside. For now we just put them out there in the afternoons when it's warm, then back in the box while the evenings are in the 50s. They should move in permanently in a couple weeks, both the chickens and we will be glad!