Contact info

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by tx_dane_mom, Jun 5, 2008.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Does anyone have an e-mail address for Joe Vandiver? I see on the APA list he's in Beaumont...right near me. It has his physical address & phone number, but I feel an e-mail is the most practical way to contact people nowadays. I'd LOVE to get in touch w/a local poultry judge & see what I could learn!
    Kristi

2. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    bump

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I would just call him since it looks like no one has an E-mail address for him.

4. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    do you think that's weird ' hi i'm a chicken enthusiast and I was um...wondering if i could i dunno....learn under you sometime'???

5. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

lol. well, ya. kinda [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  6. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Actually, poultry judges get that a lot. When I was learning how to show my silkies I would accost the judge at the show after he was done judging and would ask 15 million questions about how he judged, what he saw, what he was looking for etc....

So give the man a ring - so what if 1 more person in the world thinks you're a chicken nut [​IMG]

7. rebeccakeesee

rebeccakeesee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    I love picking peoples brains about what ever obcession i'm caught up in. I think its a great oppertunity and the worst he can do is tell you hes not intrested. But he will probably be flattered and at least give you a little of his time.

8. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:I do not think it is strange at all. You should call and I bet you will be surprised at the response, in a good way that is!

9. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Thanks guys. We'll see what happens. I'll have to wait until I get this surgery knocked out & all & then I'll give it a shot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by