Contacting Forum Moderators - Reporting Problem - Asking General ?s

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I went and looked at your reviews and only saw 1 questionable comment, and I would definitely report it. (I did, you should too. :p)

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Reporting something is not just about getting someone in trouble.

Sometimes it is to call Staff attention to something, like a typo in a BYC created article or a thread in the wrong section.
    When you report something, we look at it and often discuss it as a team and then take action only when needed.

Sometimes warnings are issues and sometimes no action is taken and sometimes the typos are corrected. [​IMG]

3. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    This comment was posted twice, but was deleted the first time. When I checked back now, it was gone. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. SilkieSammiJo

SilkieSammiJo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    Will Do

5. Glasshen

Glasshen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    La Fayette, NY
    I am so disappointed, and angry! I was taken in by an add that popped up to the right while viewing one of my favorite threads, that promised a 1000 dollar VISA card. As it was on this site I thought it was a real thing, but in fact it was getting info for insurance companies to harrass me. I am very disappointed that the administrators would allow this type of ad on this site!!!!

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    This is not BYC's fault. The ad your are referring to is a google ad. These ads are not in BYC's control and they have no way of knowing what ads appear from Google.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Sorry you had a bad experience with an ad. Kevin's mostly correct: We try VERY hard to find chicken only advertising, but it's very hard to find enough advertisers that are interested in sponsoring a site like BYC. When that happens we need to turn to third parties (like Google AdSense) to supply the ads, and unfortunately we have much less control over what ads they display.

With that said, we're always working very hard to have related and appropriate ads on BYC, so if any member sees an ad that is inappropriate (compared to other sites on the web like Cnn.com Yahoo, etc. please let us know!

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I have a question about how to get a "quote within a quote" in the forum discussions. When I use the quote or multi buttons, I only get the response of the last poster. I would like to be able to quote a person's response as well as the quote they quoted, as I have seen others doing. For example, if I wanted to quote Kevin's post (above), it would not show Glasshen's original quote. Is there a trick to getting the whole thing to show up? Hope I am making sense!
    Thank you~

9. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    This should help you out. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/discussion-forum-tutorial

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Thank you, I had already looked this over, and while it gives the basics, it does not explain how to do what I want. When I quoted you just now, I want the entirety of post #29 to come up (both what I said and what you said). I have seen many posters be able to do this, but I can only do the standard single or multi quoting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by