Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
The BYC Community Staff members work very hard to keep BYC functioning as a well-oiled machine. The moderators put in a tremendous amount of time doing this. In an effort to ensure that their time is focused on the most important items, please follow the procedures below:

General Questions: We ask that you do not contact the staff members directly to ask general "how to" questions or to ask them to reply to your chicken questions on the forum. Many of our staff enjoy answering questions, but it is not their job to do so, and definitely not via private message.

Issues With A Forum Post, Topic, Member, Image, etc: Almost any and all problems should be reported to the moderators using the "report" link on the post or thread. This will bring the situation up to the entire BYC forum staff and will allow us to review it and take action where needed. The 'Report' link / button can be found at the bottom of each post. This will take you to a page where you can fill in your request, and then send the report. The software immediately notifies all of us, and the next moderator available will deal with the report. This is our PREFERRED method of contact!

Account Questions or Issues:
Most problems can be addressed by reporting them to our moderators via the report link. In cases where you need help with a very private matter and can not be posted in the forum or reported, you can either:
  1. Contact Support
  2. Contact a moderator: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/moderators/
Again, please note that you should always try to get questions answered via the public forum first or use the report link before contacting a moderator directly.

A footnote regarding "reports": Sometimes members worry that if they click the report link that it will reflect poorly on them, or the person to whom they are reporting. The report link is simply a way for you to say, "Hey moderators, you may want to look at this!"

We encourage our members to report problems, but also keep in mind that our staff are busy.

Thanks for your help and support in keeping our community running strong.

If you are interested in learning how to become a BYC Moderator, please see here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-do-you-become-a-moderator.13536/#post-105393

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

All reports are confidential.

One way you can avoid being caught out is to not reply to the offensive post and PLEASE don't quote it.
Just ignore and report.

Terrie brings up a FANTASTIC point! Do NOT quote offensive posts! This just makes our jobs harder as we have to comb through all the posts where people quoted the original poster. In general, quoting an entire long post is bad form anyway. If you must quote, just quote the bits that are relevant to your reply.
smile.png

Quote:
Words of wisdom! Keeps the blood pressure down too. (At least for you, not necessarily for the Mod)

Last edited:
I'm not sure where to report my current problem. I got a PM from someone I don't know that is basically a political spam. I did not respond to them. The person has been on BYC for long enough to accumulate a significant amount of posts, so they would not be seen as a typical spammer. Should I contact a mod directly? ... or can you just access my inbox and find the PM? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom