Contemporary Eggshell Egg Art

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by acemario, Sep 17, 2012.

1. acemario

acemario Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    This is a 11x14 eggshell mosaic that will be sure to start a conversation. The art contains white and brown eggshells on a 'fire-engine red' canvas.

$15 + shipping

Send me a PM for more information.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    very nice !

3. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Thank you! Although it is VERY time consuming, the final products are always unique and worth the time!

4. mo puff

mo puff Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    Acemario, I am attempting to do my first eggshell mosaic. I am doing a table/desk top, it is metal. The picture is of my design.. question... do you have a special glue you may suggest for me to use? I did a small corner yesterday and used Elmers white glue.. this morning it seems to be holding tight?! Also, i will be keeping it outdoors under a covered patio and want to seal it when it is finished... laquer? Varnish? bees wax? i am also a BYC member , you can see my coop and chics under MOPUFF. Any advise you could impart would be MUCH appreciated. Dont worry about sales competition.. i wont be selling this.. what i hope will be a masterpeice.. LOL, it will be a long process. i probably should not have made my first attempt such a lofty one! Thank you , hope to hear from you soon... Melissa
    [​IMG]

5. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    hardware store should have clear varnish for outdoors. I pour it thick in the middle and let it roll off the table ( move table around) for more natural look than using a brush. make sure theres no bubbles! pop it out with pin. practice on something else so you will be comfortable !

6. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Did you ever finish your project?

7. mo puff

mo puff Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    I am still working on it. i have about 15 hours in so far. I work on it when it is too cold to play outside, we havent had many cold days tho. Heres a pic.
    [​IMG]

8. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Wow! It's looking soooo good!!!!

9. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Mind if I offer some unsolicited advice? I think it would look nice with just the white shells on the dark brown background.

I've been saving up some items for a Mosaic but haven't picked a subject matter yet.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  10. Sally8

Sally8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Hornby,NY
    How very beautiful and creative! When I first came to this link I was expecting something different. I'll have to look into this further. It's just so pretty.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by