1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Continuing the building of our new Chicken coop and run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Wateredgarden11, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Wateredgarden11

Wateredgarden11 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Hi everyone, I am not sure how to post the pictures in this thread but if you click on my page our progress so far in picture form. I love this coop its octagnal with a round gable style roof and my hd is doing a fantastic job. We are running electric to the coop today and hopefully will be putting shingles on the roof and the rest of the hardware latches. Only nest box and sliding chicken door left. Once I figure out how to post pictures in an actual thread I will do so when coop is fully finished.

2. valentinebaby

valentinebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Sherman-Denison, TX
    Very cute house! Where did you find the plans? Good luck on the rest!

3. Wateredgarden11

Mar 25, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Valentinebaby,
    We found plans in a small shed book from our local library for a round playhouse that we are modifiying for the chickens. Check out your local library ..shed and garden structure books have alot of great plans for buildings easily modified into chicken coops.

4. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

It's pretty easy to post pix. Just click on the "Uploads" link at the top of the page to get started.

5. valentinebaby

valentinebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Sherman-Denison, TX
    I'm ALMOST finished with my coop - it's 4 x 8 with gorgeous cedar, stained and etched glass windows and raised like yours. I designed and based it on a plan I found in a 1946 book that's fabulous and better than most of the newer books. I'm working on the run right now and have to get back outside to work some more on it! I can see, like me, you wanted something more attractive - my hubbie and I spend a great deal of time in our backyard and I wanted it to be severely predator proof and visually appealing...

6. Wateredgarden11

Mar 25, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Valentine baby.
    I love the idea of stained glass in a chicken coop. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when your coop is finished. Living in a small town we needed to make our coop look like a child's playhouse so that our neighbors were happy. My husband has worked with glass before but I only cheat and use liquid glass paint. I used it on my garden shed. From a distance it does look like real stained glass though. Please post your pictures when your finished

7. ozzie

ozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    I LOVE IT! Your garden is just as lovely. You've certainly made great use of your imagination and the gifts God has given you!

ozzie

8. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful Paintings inside!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by