controlling wasps

alldembirds

Songster
8 Years
Oct 19, 2013
I have a tiny house I am building, Moths used to get in a lot and we have been working on sealing it 100% we thought we had it pretty good than one day we went down there to work and there were about 20 wasps crawling around on the ground, none of them were flying, very lethargic I killed them all, I guess the cold got to them are they were stuck inside without food, well a week later same thing another 20 or so wasps most of them were dead this time. all kinds of wasps yellow/black striped ones, red ones, black ones. To most people the wasps are unnerving enough, I am allergic to them so it's double for me, I need to figure it out.

I am going to keep searching for an entrance, I guess I could have trapped a nest inside, if so I will find it.

Anybody have any tips or tricks on keeping wasps away from your house or property? any product you have used with success?

thanks thats something i will have to do for sure, i havn't had any issue with bees in the house.....yet..knock on wood

so they are all but taken care of inside of the house.. I think i found the last entrance..... the wasps really woke up with the 80 degrees we reached yesterday , I got out to the property snd there were a couple dozen flying around the house landing on the sides , than i noticed 2 different spots with 10 or more wasps just hanging out.. once it cooled down they flew off.

Any tips on repelling wasps? I hate them I am going to get some spray that goes long distances to kill them when they are grouped up but I can't just sit out there and spray every wasp I see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is safe or not, but I too am just short of terrified of wasps and I used to get them in my old house all of the time. I'd freak out and go ninja-commando on them. While it didn't cure the problem 100%, it helped a lot when I started spraying the house down with Malathion (purchased from Amazon). Just be forewarned, it will kill your bees too. I sprayed my garden shed with it as well and my garden was literally feet away and we never had a problem with pollination. Like I said... it wasn't the perfect solution but it helped a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom