Daisy Chickens

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2016
USA
I recently (Yesterday) gave my chickens away. 3 out of my 9 chickens got sick with fowl pox. It went away normally no chicken died. I have a cocktail and a dove in a cade in my backyard. In my backyard was where the chickens stayed. And I don't handle my Cocktail or dove at all (they're not tame and kind of hate me). I would change their food and water and clean it. And my birds seemed to fine, I would pick up the chickens and feed the birds. They didn't get any dieases. And now I gave away my chickens and I'm getting a Crimson Bellied Conure. I raised 1 baby chick in the my room (cause it was sort of a out cast). And theres feathers around the house. I walk inside my house with my yard shoes. And I was wondering should I get rid of all the Chick feathers and replace my yard shoes/throw them away? And collect all traces of feathers inside and outside. Is the conure going to get a diease? The conures 1 year or 1 year and a half. What should I do? This my first time owning a conure. So I need information about Wild birds giving chickens dieases and then the owner touching the chicks then going inside and touching the birds. What vaccines should the Cocktail, Dove and Conure get?

I have a 25 year old Amazon parrot, and 6 budgies that go outside all summer. None have gotten sick from my +100 poultry. I wouldn't worry, but if you are worried I would check with you local avian vet. I'm not aware of any vaccines that are given to cage birds.

• Hello my chickwn bantam cross is sick it comb has shrunk and it is not eating its crop is empty and his feathers are puffed out when she is on perch any halp

Back
Top Bottom