Convening parents to get more chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by EmeraldRuby, Aug 1, 2014.

1. EmeraldRuby

EmeraldRuby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2014
    Florida
    I love chickens!!!! I am trying to convince my mom to get more chickens. I love my 4 chickens are very lovely and that's why I want more chickens, but my mom says "We have a fine amount of chickens." How can I convince her to get more?

2. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    lol, while living with your parents one must follow their rules, enjoy your chickens and dream of the day you get your own place and can have as many as your heart desires :)

3. Stiggy

Stiggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Do they ever go broody? if so place some fertile eggs under them and see if they hatch, if they do then more chickens. I know what you mean about having a set number, I moved recently and I was told to only bring 10 with me, currently I have 19 with me..... A few more just 'arrived' and the other were allowed because ' it was heart breaking to watch me have to pick 10' Lol

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Let's see...how can we convince you that your mom might be right?...or at least help you understand why she feels as she does.

Space is most important to keeping happy healthy(beautiful) chickens.
    How big is your coop and run?
    Get a tape measure and go measure the floor from the inside, how many feet by how many feet is it?

Cost is important too.
    How much money does it cost to feed your chickens every month?
    How much did it cost to buy/build their coop and run?
    Who pays/paid for these things?

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by