Convert your front yard lawn into a garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by fadelaz, Apr 14, 2016.

1. fadelaz

fadelaz Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2009
    and why not? Lawns are British imports from a climate whwhere is rains several days a week. This is not the majority of the US. We took out all our lawn and now plant a variety of food plants

RUNuts, Nay and CapricornFarm like this.
  2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Pictures???? I like that idea.

RUNuts and CapricornFarm like this.
  3. Randal Scott

Randal Scott New Egg

Aug 18, 2017
    Yes you can convert your lawn into a garden. Recently a friend of mine in Sydney has done the same thing with the help of the professional service about which he got the reference from the online source (http://www.gardeningnorthside.com.au/landscaping-north-shore/) while surfing the internet. He had sent me some of his garden pictures which seem to be really attractive and beautiful. You can also choose the same way like hiring the professional lawn designing service from your area and can enjoy a lot of benefit by building a clean and healthy lawn.

CapricornFarm likes this.
  4. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    I did 1/2 my front yard back in 2011 in my former house. Because backyard was very shallow and had what avaible space occupied with apple tree, grape vine and (fenced in covered) raspberrries patch, deck too...
    It turned out quite neat with a small nice decorative fence and mulched neatly...
    now I rather do container gardening
    or large raised bed " cage wired " circles 3 to 5 ft. areas, by 2 to feet tall... saw that in Farm Show magazine.
    Less bending over If we eve get out of this place will do such...

5. Belle Pepper

Belle Pepper Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2017
    Texas
    I would love to see pictures. This is a great idea. Our front yard gets so much more sun than the back. Plus our chickens eat anything we try to plant in the back.

6. ladyearth

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    here is some i oh I forgot I had planted couple apple a cherry and two plum trees too in that half of front yard garden in the suburbs. THE DA that bought our house took OUT...out the fruit trees in the front and even the one grapevine in back yard growing on A NICE LATTICE, Hubby made around the AC unit and the small raspberry patch in the backyard corner....
    wish I could have magically took them with us ....dream dream
    PICT0569.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    RUNuts, CapricornFarm and Latitude33 like this.
  7. Belle Pepper

Belle Pepper Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2017
    Texas
    That is a beautiful yard! I need to try this in mine! Thank you for the pictures.

8. Latitude33

Latitude33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2017
    Southern California
    Very cool. Been working to change my suburban landscape plantings to edibles as well as culinary herbs.

9. ladyearth

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    thank yall BUT ........NOW THAT WAS my front yard back in 2011. moved to s country in 2012...
    the person(former relative..LOL) who bought it took out most of the fruit trees etc. even the grape vine in the back.. nice guy but what a DA....
    go for it yall
    cause far as I know we can eat grass. DUH
    thanks all

10. Junochick

Junochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2017
    Globe arizona

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by