1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

converted deer blind coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kari_dawn, Nov 7, 2011.

1. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I have been searching for an enclosed coop for my girls to go in my 10ft x 10ft x 6ft dog run coop, and have been searching for something that has about a 4ft x 4ft x 6ft foot print to accomodate the height of the run, and also the nest box my dad built me that is aproximately 4ft wide, but I also want to be able to walk in and out of the structure...then it hit me. Most deer blinds are those dimensions, AND I can walk inside them to clean!

I found one on craigslist for $225, not painted, and without the plexi glass windows. Should I go for it?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    anyone? I don't wanna drive an hour and spend 200 on a bad idea...need advice!!

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Have you seen pics of it?

4. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    yep. Typical deer blind, looks sturdy. He builds them. I talked to the guy though, he won't come down 25 dollars for me [​IMG] gas is just too much to spend 30 bucks to get out there (which is why I asked him to come down 25 dollars). Oh well, I guess it is back to waiting for the perfect solution...

5. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Yea, if it's not exactly what you want, I would wait. That's a bit much and a far drive. Sometimes when you wait for things, it will come your way. Is there anyway you can use recycled materials and build what you need?

6. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Im not that handy nor do I have enough materials at my disposal [​IMG]

7. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    OK. No problem. Just keep looking around or you can post something on Craigslist and list what you are looking for. You would be surprised at who may have what you need. I find a lot of thing son Craigslist.

8. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    hm, never thought about putting a wanted ad on there! I will have to do that! Thanks for the suggestion! [​IMG]

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    You are very welcome. Keep me posted on what you find.

Good Luck.

[​IMG]

10. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by