converted round bale feeder into meaty bird coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AmyLM, Apr 20, 2012.

1. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    We inherited one similar to this when we bought our mini farm: (not our exact one) but its like 7 - 8 feet across and about 4 feet high

[​IMG]

Has anyone ever converted this to be used for raising chickens? I need to see if its possible to convert this into a pen for raising meaty birds.

if anyones done this before.. how? and if you have could you post pictures or explain how you did it?

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    think it would be workable, wire around the sides put a pole in middle and tin the top. great idea! I'll now look for some of these!

3. AmyLM

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    we were thinking of putting a soild layer around the bottom half then chicken wire the top and sides, and have half of the top be soil (rain/wind shelter).

Getting access inside is the hard part.. there is no door and I have zero ability to cut metal...

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Do a search here for "Best Coop A Round." There some photos of round coops and runs, I believe, built under satellite dishes. It would be great if you could attach wheels.

5. had2tryit

had2tryit New Egg

Apr 7, 2013
    Did you convert your feeder? If so, do you have any pictures. We are trying to do the same thing.
    Thanks!

6. AmyLM

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    We were going to but ended up selling our home in texas and moving back to washington state. Still toying around with the idea. I did find some great designs on line

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by