converted round bale feeder into meaty bird coop?

AmyLM

Songster
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Buckley washington
We inherited one similar to this when we bought our mini farm: (not our exact one) but its like 7 - 8 feet across and about 4 feet high

Has anyone ever converted this to be used for raising chickens? I need to see if its possible to convert this into a pen for raising meaty birds.

if anyones done this before.. how? and if you have could you post pictures or explain how you did it?

think it would be workable, wire around the sides put a pole in middle and tin the top. great idea! I'll now look for some of these!

we were thinking of putting a soild layer around the bottom half then chicken wire the top and sides, and have half of the top be soil (rain/wind shelter).

Getting access inside is the hard part.. there is no door and I have zero ability to cut metal...

Do a search here for "Best Coop A Round." There some photos of round coops and runs, I believe, built under satellite dishes. It would be great if you could attach wheels.

Did you convert your feeder? If so, do you have any pictures. We are trying to do the same thing.
Thanks!

We were going to but ended up selling our home in texas and moving back to washington state. Still toying around with the idea. I did find some great designs on line

Back
Top Bottom