Convertible Bottom on my Coup De Ville

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dr.Doorlock, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Dr.Doorlock

Dr.Doorlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Garland, Texas
    If you/ve been to my web site, you have seen my convertible Nest Boxes. My girls are having their first night in their soon to be finished coup.

I got so many different opinions on whether to have a solid bottom or a wire bottom. I decided to have BOTH. This will also be nicer to clean and easily replaceable. Take a look at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/reswuzne/ConvertibleCoup.wmv

My son just presented me with another idea for a large belt on two rollers under the coup. This way you could hand crank (or motorized;o) the belt across a rubber blade and the poop would fall into a trough. This one may never make it off the drawing board.

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Thats really cool, i only see one problem, will the track its on get poop in it that will need cleaned?

3. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Hey, let us see the finished coop when your done!

4. Dr.Doorlock

Dr.Doorlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Garland, Texas
    I left the track very loose and with the bottom out i can hose it clean. I should be finished with the coop next week with my convertible nest boxes in place. If you missed those, click the link below to my web site.

5. J&KV

J&KV Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    West Georgia
    That's a neat idea,I think I'll do something like that on our next tractor coop.

6. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Yeah i remember looking at hose pictures a while back, i cant wait to see it all put together! It is already looking good! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by