Converting an old dog cage into a duck cage?

StuporMan

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
Hello! I have a runt call duck that will have to stay inside for some time (he's not even half the size of a normal call duck) and I was curious about converting an old dog cage (it's about 6 square feet in total) into a viable duck bed!
We plan on letting them roam around the house in a diaper so they can still stretch their legs and we have a little area we'll let them bathe and swim about in! My idea was to put plastic/vinyl sheeting going vertically to keep bedding from getting thrown out and perhaps a thick blanket or towel to help keep it warm in there? Any suggestions are appreciated

I’m keeping my two ducks that are near adult in an old dog cage in the garage for the time being until I can get them a home set up near my barn.
It’s temporary in their case. I do let them out for the most part of the day. They just wobble around the yard, and for some reason—lay in my flower garden (probably the worms beneath the soil there that gets their attention). I mean, what duck doesn’t like an all you can eat worm buffet? 🪱 🐛 🪱

Anywho, I think your idea is feasible and okay, personally. Ducks tend to like open - spaces from what I’ve observed. Y’know, as long as they have some room, and of course can get out of the house for a while.
I never thought of putting a diaper on a duck though, lol (“Daffy diapers”). Whatever works, and as long as the duck is comfy.

Be well,
Ducklingguy 🦆

Back
Top Bottom