Cooked egg for chicks?

chicksdontmeow

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2016
Illinois
So I was talking with my friend about giving my chicks half of an egg (there's only five and a whole egg would be too much) and saw some posts on here talking about scrambled egg and others mention hard boiled. I got them from the feed store yesterday, so I want to say they're between half a week and 1 week old. If I feed them egg, I also have to offer grit for them too? Or is the egg soft enough that grit isn't necessary? I've got chick grit that I just picked up today so it's not a big problem if they do need it, I'm just curious. I know I definitely need to give them grit if I offer anything like grains or insects.

Just curious and looking for input and some advice.

You can feed them egg without grit. They cook it for a number of reasons, it is less messy and the thought is it does not encourage egg eating later on

So it's more of a personal preference when it comes to hard boiling and scrambling, just so long as it's cooked?

Yes. If they were sick I would suggest hard boiled yoke, because you can make it watery. But chick's should have no problem eating scrambled egg.

Back
Top Bottom