Cooked Plain Spaghetti Noodles

ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
Can I feed my chickens cooked spaghetti noodles plain to fatten them up? They are very thin. They eat a ton of food, they are sprayed and checked for mites. They are also de wormed on a regular basis, and they free range. I'm not eating them, just looking for them to bulk up on weight before it starts to get to cold. Corn isn't an option for me as it's too expensive. Thanks for any help!!

Nah, don't do that, it's just empty calories. They just may be leaner. My RIR is super lean. I just make sure she has a full crop at night.
So is corn. My chickens are thin. Very thin. And can get sick easily. They are underweight, but act normal

Protein is most likely what they need more of.

Choose a feed with 20% protein or more.
If you are not feeding poultry feed, their health issues may run much deeper than being underweight.

Protein is most likely what they need more of.

Choose a feed with 20% protein or more.
If you are not feeding poultry feed, their health issues may run much deeper than being underweight.
22% Layer Pellets is what I'm feeding them

Newbie here, so I may not be much help. What's the age and breed of your birds? My own are still very thin, and cold weather is definitely approaching, but they are also still non-laying pullets so it's to be expected for now.

Back
Top Bottom