Cooking and Baking any others ?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Sierra pachie bars, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    My hobby is making yummies. I don't get out to much so this has become a love. I enjoy it alot. I love to make fudge , cookies, breads, you name it. I was well enough this year to get holiday baking done. I managed to make about 12 loafs of breads (pumpkin, banana, and coconut breads) along with cookies. I made sure everyone in my block got a goodie basket. [​IMG] I also made sure my Priest got a loaf on Christmas Eve. My fav. would be red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting..

Any other lovers of the foods? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Oh me, totally! I love cooking (or as I lovingly refer to it, "cheffing" -- though I'm much more of a wannabe chef than a culinary artiste!).

Here are some pinecone-shaped chocolates I made for Christmas last year:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  3. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I love to cook and would love to have a good yeast bread receipe if you have one .

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I LOVE cooking too. Would you share your recipe for that fudge and also the coconut bread? You can email it if you like. My fudge is good, but doesn't always turn out the best. Thanks!!!

5. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Sure I love to share recipes. I 'll go grab my recipe box. As for a yeast bread what kind ? I have a basic white bread, that is wonderful. Also a raisin bread that sounds hard but is really easy and super. The fudge recipe I do is fool proof everytime. So easy only thing you need is a timer [​IMG] I'll post again in a few with recipes.

6. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Coconut Bread

3 cups flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup oil
    4 eggs
    2 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
    1 cup butter milk
    1 1/2 cup shredded coconut (bakers is best )
    1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
    1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)

Heat over at 325' Grease and lightly flour 2 9x5 loaf pans.
    Mix dry ingredients , slowly mix in eggs. I use a mixer which makes this super easy. Add extract and buttermilk. Adding oil last. Mix well then add chocolate chips and nuts if you choose. Pour into loaf pans. Bake 45 min to a hour until done. I tend to just lightly touch middle and can tell when it is done it doesnt appear mushy anymore. Or you can do toothpick method [​IMG]

This bread is super yummy if your a coconut lover. Smells entire house up.

7. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I love baking,

8. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Fudge

Make note this makes alot of fudge about 5 pounds.

4 1/2 cups white sugar

1 can evaporated milk

4 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1/2 pound butter

2 teaspoons real vanilla

1 jar (7 ounces) Marshmallow cream( Aka: Fluff)

2 cups of nuts, or candy of choice you can really mix this up. Almond joy bars cut up or even butterfinger bars chopped up which is one of my friends fav.

Mix sugar and evaporated milk in a large pan ( l mean large this really boils high !)

In a large bowl mix chocolate chips, butter, fluff and vanilla.

Also helps to have large foil covered pans ready to pour mixture in. At least the size of a 13x9 square pan works. I always cut and place in gift boxes.

Bring sugar and evporated milk to boil. You want a rolling boil. Stir constantly. Let it rolling boil for 7-8 min. Make sure you have timer.
    Pour mixture into the bowl with the chips and fluff. Stir well mixing in nuts or candy of choice. Pour into pan. Cool in fridge. Once firm cut up and keep covered in plastic wrap.

Some people prefer to eat from fridge , I myself like it at room temp. It stores very well, I have even shipped it to Canada no isses at all. I also make it for three local candy stores and it keeps well if its covered. It's so easy and fool proof every single time.

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Thanks!! I saw that fudge and told my husband I didn't think fudge could get any better and you went and put almond joys in there YUM!!! Do you just poke the almond joys in after you pour it up, before it sets?

10. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    The fudge recipe you can really get creative if you want too. Here is a picture of a Neapolitan fudge I made one day. I subbed strawberry marshmallows and strawberry extract. Using white chocolate chips.

[​IMG]

Also very yummy if you slowly roll in chocolate covered cherries in the mix. Which those are on sale almost everywhere right now. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by