Cool Light Candler?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cherndon712, Jan 28, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Has anybody used these? My ideas just aren't showing me much but dark and light areas of eggs...I can't see veins or anything so I want to try something different!

2. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    what are you using now?

3. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I have my DH's headlamp, it has LED lights in it...It is REALLY bright, just apparently not bright enough. I can't even SEE in my Ameracauna eggs.

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's strange because I use a small LED flashlight and I can see into my brown and blue eggs very well. Maybe the beams on the headlamp are spaced too far apart? Just guessing - the 2 beams on the flashlight are very close together?????

Lori

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I use a LED upgraded Surefire 6p... you can't just go by led, you have to go by ratings and reflector type. My one led has more power than those horrendously silly 24 led junks you find in some stores that have no output.

6. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I have a cool light candler and it works well. I have used a mini led flashlight with great success also.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have a Surefire G2 - the camo one.

8. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    I thought all LED were the same...Guess Not!! Mine has about 12 bulbs in a 1 1/2" round beam....I put the eggs right on top of it, but still...I tried using a lamp w/ a cardboard box and it worked a little better. I looked at the sure fires...They're expensive, but I'll be getting one!! IS this the one you have?

G2[​IMG] LED

Battery-powered LED. Compact (pocket sized) flashlight featuring a super-efficient, high-output, long-running LED for tactical, outdoor, and general use. A higher-output, longer-running LED version of our best-selling G2 Nitrolon[​IMG].

Max Output: 80 lumens
    Runtime: 12 hours

Price: $65.00

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  9. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
  10. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    I just use a little flashlight and cup my hand. I have also used a lightbulb under a box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by