Cool new feeder!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by TnChickHen, Jul 15, 2011.

1. TnChickHen

TnChickHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    TN
    Wow!! I was doing some looking on how the heck I can use all of these ice cream buckets around the house for the chickens... VOILA!!! Check out this video....

It is a chicken feeder made out of an ice cream bucket and yogurt cup!

2. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    that's very creative [​IMG]

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. TnChickHen

Jun 14, 2011
    TN
    Fantastic!! Haha, didn't know that MississippiFarmyBoy!! thanks for letting me know!!! It is an AWESOME feeder! currently in the outside brooder now!!!! WOOHOOO!! I think I went a little feeder crazy today. lol but hey, it saves me time and money!

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Glad you liked one of my little projects. That was one of my cheapest feeders I have built an they work great.

The feeders an wateriers I am playing with now are just the regular mason jar type. But if you take a small plastic peanut butter jar an cut the bottom out of it, then stuff it up in to a peace off 3 inch pvc pipe an glue it you can make a "jar" as big as you want. I think my feeder an waterier are about 3 feet long. Just what will fit in my freezer/brooder an the top still close. You can see the feeder in my brooder cam. The waterier is to the right of what the camera can see.

6. TnChickHen

Jun 14, 2011
    TN
    You did an awesome job Rebel!!! I will try the waterer project when the peanut butter is all gone!! The feeder is working GREAT for my babies!! Such a fantastic idea! I used a little plastic cup that the kids had. Works like a charm! [​IMG]

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Good deal [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by