Coolest picture of our white silkie roo!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Three Cedars Silkies, May 28, 2010.

1. So I finally took the plunge and bought my long desired Canon EOS Rebel Digital Camera. I took this pic of our free-range white non-bearded silkie roo yesterday. I want to be clear that this is NOT a rooster used in breeding of our silkies. [​IMG]

I love him...and I think he is a lovely pet quality roo...and he is such a good boy. He has a wife, but she's trying to be a mommy right now (broody). She's been trying for over a year and we just keep taking the eggs out from under her. Mostly she sits on blue EE eggs and a few brown white brahma eggs...anything as long as it is egg-shaped. But alas...it is not to be. Hemingway and Lily free-range with all the big girls...our 15 various laying hens. All get along wonderfully....

Actually I did hatch a chick from Hemingway and Lily and it turned out to be a lovely bearded white pullet. But I'm taking any chances on any further hatches from them.

I use Picasa for my web storage/editing, etc. This was done on Picasa...I think it's cool!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  2. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by