1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coon attack

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Going Quackers, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Well I guess it's our turn for disaster ... Good news Only 1 of my 4 is badly hurt the rest are ok , a second had minOr injury . We know it was a coon (prints) and how it got the ducks, we spoke with a vet he told us to clean wound with salt water we've put it in our small brooder in the house with towels and feed/water ... It has drank .. Oye I hope it lives [​IMG] anyhow were off getting supplies tO secure the run. I'm on phone so dunno how well this post will work. Is there any othe tips btdt advice for an injured duckling. What a crash coarse in duck ownership lol and to boot we have a brutle storm(thunder etc) It is "supposed" to clear tho if it doesnt we'll bring the ducks in the house tonight...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Quote:Thank you that was a helpful read. He/She is still alive this morning(thankfully) which i hope is a good sign. The babies all came in the house last night so we could get a nights rest without worry, we're finishing up the run today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by