Coonhound available in Indiana

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Carole AM, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Our rescue recently took in a stray female coonhound---she is beautiful! Lola is about one year old, UTD on shots, and spayed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I wish I lived closer to you , but hopefully someone will take her

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    we have a Treeing Walker Hound and she would be the perfect 'sister'! too bad you're so far away! hope she finds a forever home!

this breed is so gentle and will run with a broken leg to please an owner. they make a really cool sound when they 'tree' something, or are excited. they air and ground scent.

our girl was adopted also, and we just love her. smart, especially for a hound, not stinky and great with our kids.

4. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    she is a nice hound....we have treeing walkers and they are so sweet and gentle

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:does yours think they are lap dogs and make 'sad eyes' too? they are the biggest babies!

ours, Ashland, thinks she's a person. she sits on the couch like a human, sitting up. it's hilarious.

sure hope someone gets this beautiful girl!

6. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    well 0urs are my dh hunting dogs so they dont come inside but they would if they could....they are all over us outside....I have never heard one growl....they are so good with kids...

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I KNEW someone out there would respond! She is a good dog--I can't believe no one claimed her. She gets along with our other dogs and is very "bouncy", very kind and gentle. A little clumsy, but she is still learning. She wants to be with people.

Her only problem is that she will jump our 4' fence. She's done that twice now and treed the cat the first time, and chased deer the next. If you know anyone looking for a dog like Lola, please send them my way. I CAN travel to meet you! LOL [​IMG]

8. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    she is a beauty!Wish I had room for her.I have 5dogs alreeady.

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:they can jump very well. good vertical leap. we have 5 foot fences. Ashland can't leap them, but she can almost stand up all the way over them!

they are clumsy a little! it makes us laugh! Ashland tends to slip and slide on wood floors, after 3 years! she's a trip!

gosh...i sure hope someone comes and gets her! she is lovely...good shape on the head! and her markings are really nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by