Coons trapped or caught on the year

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by toejam, May 15, 2010.

1. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    Hello, this year we began trappiing coons. I just was wondering how many anyone else got as of now. I want to see how many coons are trapped by BYCers over the year.

2. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    we have 6

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  3. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    Last year i trapped 18 coons and one possum by my coop.I never moved the trap,caught all of them in the same spot.I keep a trap set year round.Haven't caught anything this year,YET! That won't last though.

4. ellieroo

ellieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    We had 10 but think one group was a mom and 3 almost grown babies.

5. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    killed 2 so far !!

6. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    4 last year. 0 this year.

7. brendapa

brendapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Chester County, PA
    5 so far this year.
    [​IMG]

I was talking to a neighbor yesterday and he's shooting them from out his window at night so I may be almost done for a month or 2.
    He also got a fox. Good neighbor's!

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I trapped at least 20 last yr and a few so far this spring, you will see more when the kids go off their Mama's and the mama's go off to fatten back up. So around June or so you should see an exposion of coons and attacks, so stay vigilant and keep those traps baited and save your chickens.

AL

9. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    last yr. trapped 5 raccoons and 1 opossum with babies , then the cats started getting caught in the have a heart trap so i stopped setting it.

10. chickintexas

chickintexas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    1 done in so far this year. I suspect more are in the area and are a bit trap savvy. Got a dummy of a neighbor up the street from me that the raccoons love to visit. She has many more birds than I do and while she and her new beau sat on the back deck recently, the coons started to gather under her back deck while they were sitting there and she didn't do a dang thing about it!!! [​IMG] Heck, as long as the critters are visiting her place and not mine, I can live with that! I just can't understand someone that doesn't seem to feel some sort of urgency in protecting their flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by