COOOOL!!! My Fjords new ride is no longer a Ford -

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kelly G, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I'm soooooooooo excited! I had an F150 that I liked. I didn't love it, I liked it. It didn't have power anything, no cd player, no automatic lights, basically - no frills...but it was a work horse.

I also had a Camry that I kept so I could have something nice and comfy to drive when I wanted to.

Both truck and car were paid for. Both were 2005 models.

Yesterday, we traded the two in for my BRAND NEW Toyota Tundra!!! It combines the hard-work ethic of my F150 with the really nice ride of my Camry. I am SO excited.

I don't have pics of my own yet - so here is one I snagged for now -

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Cool! Using it to haul horses?

3. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    I bought a 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 last year and absolutely love it! It has the heavy duty suspension and I don't even feel the stock trailer when I'm pulling it loaded. Great truck, you'll love it!

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

They are great trucks! Can't go wrong with them, the tundra is on my TOP 3 trucks - on the list of the kind of truck I want when I can afford one - lol.

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Well, I am a Ford girl, through and through. I currently have a paid for (yah!) 2001 F150 4x4 that has almost 300,000 miles on it. I have put a new transmission, new alternator, serpentine belt on it, and that is all except for plugs, battery, air filter, etc. I love it! I picked it out, bargained the deal, and have driven it everyday since I bought it. I don't intend to ever part with it. However, a new truck is pretty cool (except for the payments) so enjoy your new truck!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  6. Kelly G

Yes! I forgot to mention in the body of my o.p. that this is for hauling my two Fjord horses.

...don't get me wrong, I liked my F150. It never gave me any trouble what-so-ever. We purchased it for a work truck - hauling horses, hauling hay/feed, bringing home the construction materials we needed to build our barn. And it did a great job as a work truck! I cannot complain.

The problem was that it had become my primary vehicle and it had "no frills" other than air conditioning and a radio. I was missing all the nice things available on higher end trucks.

Ford has F150's that are every bit as "tricked out" as the Tundra I purchased...but in the end -

It came down to financing. Ford was willing to do a 5 year loan at 1.9% financing....Toyota gave us .9% on a 3 year loan - and because the interest is so low, we can afford the higher payments of a 3 year loan. So it was a pretty easy decision...it came down to who could give us the better money deal.

So far, some of the things I'm REALLY liking in my Tundra are:
    * The ride! It drives like a car! The best suspension - EVER - in any truck I've ridden in. (Joedie - you're right!)
    * CD/MP3 player & blue tooth! Gotta figure out how to use them...but I know I'm going to love them!
    * Power EVERYTHING! No more crank windows! No more key in the door to unlock it! No more leaning across the entire vehicle to unlock the passenger door!

I will take some pics and post them tonight!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  7. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:What she said except it's a 2004 F250 that we got a super deal on (last one on the lot and manager matched the price of the one year old used one we were going to have shipped in).

Congrats on your new truck! Is it blue like that one? I think that's blue, my monitor sometimes makes colors look funny. lol.

8. Kelly G

They call the color "slate" but, yes, the color pictured above is the color we got.

It's an interesting combonation of a metallic, steel-blue and gray color. Hard to describe...in fact I've already been thinking what I'll tell Outback Steak House what color my truck is when I go to curbside-to-go! [​IMG]

9. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I wasn't sure if it was blue or dark gray, so thanks for the clarification. It's a pretty color, whatever it's called. Funny about trying to figure out what color to call it! [​IMG]

10. Kelly G

I took some pictures really quick...it's getting ready to storm, so I had to use our cheap-o camera so the pictures are a little dark.

It's smaller than my F150 by 16" or so...but it's still huge in my driveway!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and all my new toys!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by