Coop almost done and now I hear alotta shrieking

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by BoutrosBoutrosGalusGalus, Jul 25, 2011.

1. BoutrosBoutrosGalusGalus

BoutrosBoutrosGalusGalus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    san jose
    I think there are young red tail hawks in the oaks nearby... darn. Must have been cheeping until recently (lots of birds around). Will bird netting (the plastic stuff for gardens) keep them from bothering the chickens?

2. 1livelychick

1livelychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Quote:Absolutely! I have watched several times a hawk dive bomb my chickens...only to bounce back up into the air. Really funny to watch.....not quite as funny for the chickens that are running for their lives into the coop...mind you!

3. BoutrosBoutrosGalusGalus

BoutrosBoutrosGalusGalus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    san jose
    This morning one was sitting on our utility pole clucking lol. Great place to keep an eye on my coop lol!

4. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    Quote:Absolutely! I have watched several times a hawk dive bomb my chickens...only to bounce back up into the air. Really funny to watch.....not quite as funny for the chickens that are running for their lives into the coop...mind you!

I can only imagine how they would feel. But it would still be amusing to see a hawk bounce off of it [​IMG]

5. 1livelychick

1livelychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010

I can only imagine how they would feel. But it would still be amusing to see a hawk bounce off of it [​IMG]

LOL!!! I smile every time I think of the surprise those hawks encountered when they hit the netting.[​IMG]:gig

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by