Coop almost done and now I hear alotta shrieking

BoutrosBoutrosGalusGalus

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 18, 2011
san jose
I think there are young red tail hawks in the oaks nearby... darn. Must have been cheeping until recently (lots of birds around). Will bird netting (the plastic stuff for gardens) keep them from bothering the chickens?

Quote:
Absolutely! I have watched several times a hawk dive bomb my chickens...only to bounce back up into the air. Really funny to watch.....not quite as funny for the chickens that are running for their lives into the coop...mind you!

Quote:
Absolutely! I have watched several times a hawk dive bomb my chickens...only to bounce back up into the air. Really funny to watch.....not quite as funny for the chickens that are running for their lives into the coop...mind you!

I can only imagine how they would feel. But it would still be amusing to see a hawk bounce off of it
smile.png

Quote:

I can only imagine how they would feel. But it would still be amusing to see a hawk bounce off of it
smile.png

LOL!!! I smile every time I think of the surprise those hawks encountered when they hit the netting.
gig.gif
:gig

Back
Top Bottom