Coop almost done, yay! *updated pics*

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
I am only 3 weeks into chicken raising and we are working on our first coop. Thanks to a week of 98 degree, super humid weather, we haven't gotten as far as I would like. Here are some pics from the babies first days here...up to today....

This is the small brooder area in our shed that we set up the day they arrived.
Pic_06May192008.jpg

They lived in there for 2 weeks, til we built a wall halfway back in the shed as their inside coop area (which I now realize will have to be enlarged to give them more room.
Pic_07Jun032008-1.jpg

Pic_09Jun032008-1.jpg

We tore our above ground pool down to have room for their run.
Pic_03Jun032008.jpg

Here is where it stands as of right now, June 12th...
ChickenCoopinProgressJune10th.jpg

Heres my sweet hubby working on Fathers Day to finish as much as possible and coop pics as of June15th!
Pic_01Jun152008.jpg

Pic_02Jun152008.jpg

Gave the chicks a first glimse of supervised outdoor life...
Pic_03Jun152008.jpg

****We are almost done! Yay! I got the netting completed on the top today, so now is ready for the chickens and ducks to run around in. We are in the process of creating a pool/pond for the ducks and the door into the coop needs finished yet, oh and the rest of the painting of the shed/coop. Theres a few finishing touches I want to add, but its finally usable and the 1 month olds are free to roam! Starting date: May 24th- Usable date: June 16th (lost most of the first 10 days due to hubby needing stitches in his hand on start date).****

Pic_01Jun172008.jpg

Pic_02Jun172008.jpg

Pic_03Jun172008.jpg

Pic_03Jun172008.jpg

Pic_06Jun172008.jpg

Just for the fun of it....here is what DH built me for my birthday last year
smile.png
It is in the living room and is currently home to 3 cockatiels and 2 parakeets.
Pic_05May062008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its finally starting to feel like we are getting close to completion. I know the chicks and ducks would love to be out running around!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad to finally be able to let the little gals (and maybe a guy or two-hope not tho) out to play!!

Please let me know if you see anything that looks like it might be really wrong or bad! Ignore the stuff that needs cleaned up though, that will be gone shortly, soon as I rest up a bit lol.

Back
Top Bottom