Coop almost Finished!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rubysmom, Apr 19, 2008.

1. rubysmom

rubysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    These are a few pics of the glorious coop that my wonderful husband has designed and built for my 5 very lucky, and hopefully girl, chickens!
    He got everything from the recycled store except the plywood and roofing.
    He's working on it night and day now, as our chickens are approaching 7 weeks and have outgrown the indoor brooder. He is anxious to get them out of the house. It is hailing on his poor little head as we speak. We have had very little luck with the weather. He said we just call him "Hailboy".
    Thank again everybody for all your help and ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Hailboy has done a fantastic job!!! It is beautiful!! I'm sure your girls are going to just love it!!

3. rubysmom

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks, were really excited about it! I hope this weather clears up a little so we can finish up and get those girls out there.

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    By his persistence and helpfulness, he is no longer HailBoy.....he shall be called HailKing!!!! LOL....j/k.....I must say he's definately a better sport about it than my hubby is....I can barely get him to do anything!!!!

5. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    It was just hailing here too.........Are you in Washington State???? Coop looks awesome! Great Job! [​IMG]

6. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Thats one cute chick in the blue tub!! It must be a rare breed i've never seen before. Hahahahahaha!!!!

Very nice coop!!!! You're dh did a great job!!

7. rubysmom

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    We're actually in Oregon and now it's hailing like a big dog!!!! It looks like we got an inch or two of snow. My hubby's getting a good chance to see how his drainage/gutter situation is gonna hold up [​IMG]
    We are actually having quite a blast. Who knew chickens would be so much fun?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by