Coop and run finished at last! Huzzah!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Meghalu, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Meghalu

Meghalu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    The Okanagan
    Exactly one month after bringing home our first pullets, the coop and run are finished! When they came home, we had barely started building. Two weeks later the coop was done and they moved out of our basement. Another two weeks and the run was done. This was a MUCH bigger project than anticipated and instead of taking a weekend, took 4 or 5 weekends, plus all the work I put in during the week while hubby was at work. I'm on maternity leave right now, so while the boy was napping I'd sneak outside and frantically do as much construction as possible.

The finished product:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, I know that poultry netting is not racoon-proof, but we don't have racoons here, so we should be okay. We let the ladies out today and they love it!

2. lhayes1976

lhayes1976 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Nice job. I love the color. You will have some happy chicks in those digs.[​IMG]

3. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
  4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Nice job!! [​IMG]

5. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    It is worth every minute of time you spent. Really beautiful coop. Looks like you thought of everything and the color is great!

6. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Your set up is wonderful! [​IMG] good job

7. Meghalu

Meghalu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    The Okanagan
    Thanks everyone! When I went to the building supply store to grab some plywood sheeting for the walls, I found a scrap pile of what they call "smart board" which is basically pre-fab siding made of tongue and groove OSB that is already painted. I offered them $50 for the pile as it was all odds and ends, no full sheets but perfect for siding the coop. Worked out really well, as you can see, and the best part is that I didn't have to paint it! Just measure, cut, and install.

8. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    Very nice and great job! Love the design and color!

9. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    I love it !!!!!!!!

10. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms Premium Member

Sep 20, 2009
    On the Farm!
    Great Job [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by