Coop and Run Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by My6Chicks, Sep 19, 2010.

1. My6Chicks

My6Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Hello, We are newbies with chicks and are the proud owners of 6 hens (see signature line for breeds). They are happy, healthy and have started to lay eggs. We are very excited. My wife is the primary hen care giver, and I am the primary coop and run builder. I think we built a nice place for them to live. I've attached some pictures for your reading pleasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. There is more construction type information listed on my web page...

2. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Great colors, and I love the door as well. Looks to be fairly predator proof too. Enjoy your girls. May the omelette's be with you!

3. HenToothDoc

HenToothDoc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2010
    Barnesville, GA
    Nice job. Now you can sit back and enjoy your flock.

4. maggiemooscluckers

maggiemooscluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

So nice! You did a wonderful job of building. Would be nice to see inside pics too.

5. My6Chicks

My6Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Thanks for your nice comments. Here are some inside pics for you. You can also go to my page and see more details. The inside has 3 nest boxes, 2 removable roosts, a sweep door for easy cleaning, electricity for a heated water dish (gets frigid in Maine in the winter), many vents and a rubber floor under the pine shavings (hopefully will etend the life of the plywood floor). Hope these pics are helpful...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ktbarns.com

ktbarns.com Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2010
    Ohio
    Nice job on your coop and cage!
    Here are sme pics that may be helpful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  7. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    [​IMG] Fantastic job! [​IMG]

8. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Looks fantastic!!

You may however want to switch out their roosting branches for 2x4's....having a flat surface (the 4" side) they'll be able to keep their feet warm in the winter therefore avoiding frostbite on their toes...also, you'll want some sort of window covering for your window so they don't get too much of a draft come wintertime. I hope you don't mind me making those suggestions, but that's what I'd do.

But it looks great! I love the run as well!!

9. Armageddon

Armageddon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Southern California
    Love your coop!!! looks great!!!

10. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Nice job on the coop and run, I like the tunnel out to the run. I also like the hoop shaped run so in the winter you can put a tarp or something over it so the run will stay dry and snow free. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S Is that concrete mesh you used as the base layer on the run? looks heavy duty.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by