Coop building vs. Winter Storm Nemo

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SunAndDirt, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SunAndDirt

SunAndDirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Fiance didn't have to work on Friday due to the blizzard. So what does he do?
    Trip to Habitat for Humanity's ReStore and Home Depot for coop building supplies, of course! We looked like psychopaths, driving down highway two hours before a MANDATORY DRIVING BAN with lumber strapped to the roof of our Subaru and reclaimed windows in the back. He was the out in a quonset hut until DARK building the floor of the coop.

Winter Storm Nemo: 0
    Fiance of the Year: 1

Friday late morning/early afternoon:

[​IMG]

Saturday morning:

[​IMG]
    Hard to photograph on Saturday morning, as we were still getting a decent amount of blowing ice/snow in Southeastern Connecticut. However, that's our coop floor, covered in a delicate snowdrift dusting.

We were going to use the building below for a coop, but that plan has changed, and here are some before/after Nemo photos of the structure. I had to strap on my snowshoes to get out the take the second photo! You can use the spigot head to the left of the building or the top door hasp (which is a snowball in the second photo) for reference.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

S
    HEESH! The man could have waited a few days. He's just really excited and had extra time off of work, a deadly combination.

2. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    People probably just thought you had materials to board up your house before the storm. Little did they suspect....

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by